Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Republicans have it Wrong - Again!

Been a member of the Grand Old Party all my life. Surprising really because the longer I remain registered as a Republican the less it means to me. I believe government ought to be minimal. I believe we as a society should choose to provide a safety net for those who can't provide for themselves. I believe that being right doesn't mean you have the biggest Army. I believe in an individual right to bear and keep arms - one real good way to protect against an overreaching government. I believe I know what's good for me and you might know what's good for you. I believe you can worship as you choose without the government interfering. I believe Bowers v. Hardwick was governmental overreaching. I believe if the good people of Alaska wanted that dim bulb as their governor we should have left her there.

I believe in the Monroe Doctrine (google it).

Does any of this sound Republican any more?

No comments: